When renting your home on Airbnb, being a host can be tough. Whether you want to use an Airbnb management service or you are going to host on your own, there are many things that may come to your mind. The most important one, however, is how to prepare your home for every new guest.
- Clean Your Home – If you like cleaning and your space is relatively small, you can go for it. But when it becomes boring or is a task you can’t do on your own, you can always rely to a professional Airbnb cleaning service in London or elsewhere.
- Fix The Hazards – Safety hazards like exposed wires or loose steps can be dangerous for your guests – and should be fixed as soon as possible. Additionally, make sure to spot and fix anything that may cause an injury.
- Safeguard Your Belongings – If you are renting the place where you live, you should always safeguard your valuable items. Things like jewelry and money are out of the question (you should always keep them with you) – but the photograph albums, artwork, firearms and clothing should be packed in a drawer and locked. If you cannot do this on your own, you can always hire an Airbnb management team to do it for you.
- Equip the Home For Guests – Some of the basic things you should equip your home with include:
- extra blankets
- hair dryer
- ironing board and an iron
- microwave oven
- coffee maker, teapot and toaster
- first-aid kit
- a fire extinguisher
- remotes for the television and air conditioner
- bin liners
- basic seasonings and food items including sugar, salt and butter
- clean face and body towels
In the end, you should always leave detailed instructions for the things you think your guests might consider confusing. The WiFi password, instructions to the TV and microwave may include one of them – but also the exit plans in case of fire.
If you are not there to meet and greet a guest, maybe an Airbnb key exchange can be a great outsourcing service – whether you are living in London, UK or elsewhere – these services are easy to find.